Thursday, December 22, 2011

Should I discuss my step-kids phone habits with husband?

We have a total of three teenage kids. My child lives with my husband and I. My stepkids live with their mom. All of these kids have cell phones. I would not allow my child to have one until the age of 16. My husband got my stepkids their phones at 14 and 15. I monitor my child's cell phone usage almost daily. No talking is allowed after 10 p.m. on weeknights. I'm a little more lenient on the weekends but nothing p 1 a.m. My child is not permitted to take the phone to school due to the school policy. However, I noticed that my stepkids are on the phone nightly well past 10 p.m. They are actually making calls and texting until early morning hours, like 3 a.m. They get a little sleep and the calls and texting resume before school and during school hours. They have a combined average of over 9,000 text msgs on a monthly basis. I know this info because we have a family plan. I know my husband also has access to this info, but I'm not sure if he checks it or just doesn't care. Should I say something about the abuse of the cell phone? Or should I just worry about my child's cell phone usage? Do you think 9000 plus messages is a bit too much?

0 comments:

Post a Comment